If you are thinking about starting Isagenix, there are a few key things to know about the product before you start taking it. Most people want to know, is Isagenix safe and how does it work? Isagenix is a cleansing and detoxification plan that can become more of a lifestyle, depending on how much you get into it. It is not a diet, but a long-range plan that takes you through a total cleanse and detox.
Isagenix side effects include the positive effects of the cleanse and detox process that includes weight loss, better overall health, and a lot more energy. After you first start Isagenix, you may have a few negative side effects including lethargy and headaches that will hopefully pass quickly. Consult your doctor before starting any detox plan to make sure it is the right program for you.
What Is Isagenix?
Isagenix is actually a company that sells dietary supplements that include weight-loss solutions as a benefit. Their products include formulas that flush out the toxins from your body, energy boosters that contain caffeine, and meal replacement shakes. Unlike similar products, Isagenix claims not to use laxatives in their cleansing formula, which is good because misusing laxatives can cause bad side effects. Of the supplements, you will take some of them at night and some in the morning, but the chemicals used in the supplements come with pretty impressive clinical support which is uncommon in similar products.
Introduced to the supplement market in 2002, Isagenix products seem to be made up of all-natural ingredients which give you a good feeling about the products, although it is still possible to have negative side effects when taking any supplement. Isagenix has a good rating with the Better Business Bureau, and they have been in business for over 13 years.
Isagenix Cleanse for Life Side Effects
Positive Side Effects
Isagenix has tons of customers all over the world. They have a 30-day money back guarantee and are 100% confident in their products. Isagenix has several positive side effects that customers enjoy when they take this product including:
- Weight Loss – When you correctly cleanse your body, you can trigger weight loss. This is a popular side effect of detoxification programs that many people look forward to.
- Increased Energy – Another awesome side effect of Isagenix is improved energy and better overall well-being and health. When you complete a detox program, the positive effects will far outweigh any of the temporary negative discomforts that can occur, especially the physical discomforts that can take place when you do a cleanse. When toxins are removed from your body, you will always have some discomfort, but the weight loss, improved energy, and that feeling of being lighter is good for your overall health.
- Protein – Isagenix contains high quantities of protein, specifically IsaLean shakes have 24 grams of protein in each serving. This is some of the highest amounts of protein that are found in a meal replacement shake. Higher levels of protein help you lose weight by increasing your metabolism, plus it helps to increase your immunity, improve tissue maintenance and growth as well as help to build strong muscles.
- Curbing Hunger – The Isagenix meal replacement shakes are effective at curbing hunger. On average, the quality of a meal replacement shake should curb your appetite for at least two hours, and the Isagenix shakes curb your hunger for over two hours.
- Hormone and Antibiotic free – The protein in the Isagenix products are free from hormones and routine antibiotics. The IsaLean protein shake is obtained from cows that have not received hormones or routine antibiotics.
- Vitamins and Minerals – Isagenix shakes contains 23 vitamins and minerals which include all the normal vitamins and minerals you would usually find in a typical meal replacement shake and more. There is also manganese, selenium, and molybdenum making this meal replacement shake a stand out among its competition.
Negative Side Effects
When you first start taking the Isagenix products, you will have some detox symptoms that are normal negative side effects. Cleansing out your body is never a simple process if you truly want to achieve a healthy lifestyle.
You first need to stop eating and drinking certain products including alcohol, caffeine, and white sugar. Since caffeine can be a strong drug, you will more than likely go through some sort of withdrawal when you stop ingesting it that can include headaches.
As the toxins leave your body, it is natural to have some uncomfortable side effects. Depending on the amount of toxins that you normally consume in a day, and how many need to be flushed out of your cells and ultimately from your body, the detox process can vary. You can expect anywhere from two to seven days of negative side effects with most of the negative side effects falling in the two to the three-day range.
Although it is recommended to stop drinking caffeine and alcohol during the first 30 days, the plan does state that small amounts of caffeine and alcohol are still acceptable and that customers should enjoy them in moderation. Another negative side effect of the plan is lethargy and a cloudy feeling in your head, but the plan states that this feeling will pass after a few days.
You are also going to get a large amount of protein in your shake since it is helpful in losing weight by boosting your metabolism. Per serving, there is 24 to 36 grams of protein depending on which variety you buy. Most people need extra protein in their diet to help improve immunity, increase tissue growth and maintenance as well as build strong muscles.
However, if you take in too much protein you can have side effects since your body can only absorb up to 10 grams an hour. When your body is overloaded with protein, your body can end up having bad side effects such as gastrointestinal issues like diarrhea.
Also, if you have kidney disease, too much protein can cause a strain on your kidneys, plus a high-protein, low-carb diet can also put you at risk for osteoporosis, even if you didn’t have an underlying health issue before you started the diet.
The Isagenix Detox Tea helps to feed your cells when you are going through a cleanse day. The Isagenix side effects liver and kidneys by making them stronger as they are responsible for processing all the toxins and excreting them. Isagenix has a natural detox process so that all the toxins are removed efficiently, and, although you may have a few negative side effects, the positive effects will eventually beat out any of the bad symptoms.
Limiting Negative Side Effects
Drink Lot of Fluids
Making sure you are properly hydrated during a cleansing is key to the correct way to detox and improve your overall health. Generally, it is recommended that you drink somewhere between three and five liters of a water each day, depending on how much you weigh. If you are not properly hydrated, you will have more negative side effects like headaches, so make sure to drink the right amount of water each day.
Isagenix Products to treat Negative Side Effects
If you are feeling any Isagenix negative or Isagenix bad symptoms, certain Isagenix products can help including:
Isagenix IsaflushIsagenix Isaflush is an important part of the Isagenix nutritional programs by promoting a regular and balanced digestive system which provides you with better overall health. If your body is able to get rid of the waste correctly, your body can absorb all of those nutrients more efficiently.
Isagenix IsaFlush helps you to restart your system with herbs that have cleansing properties to make your system work easier, faster, and smoother. It also includes a good dose of magnesium that will help you get to that perfect weight at a steady and healthy pace that will also improve your overall wellness.
Isagenix Snacks come in a great variety of choices that include chocolate, fiber, bars, and cakes. These snacks help to curb those cravings on cleanse days when you need a little extra help. These snacks include minerals, antioxidants, amino acids, and B vitamins which are all ingredients that help boost your mental and physical energy, curb your cravings, improve your mood, and help satisfy you through your cleanse days.
Isagenix Snack choices include:
Isagenix E+ Natural Energy ShotThe Isagenix E+ Natural Energy Shot is an awesome source of natural caffeine, green tea, and yerba mate. Isagenix E+ Natural Energy Shots is a combination of healthy botanicals that will increase your energy and help you get through everyday activities, plus improve your workout performance. E+ Shots are also ideal to get through those Isagenix cleanse days where you are allowed to take up to two of them.
Since the Isagenix E+ Natural Energy Shot contains only 35 calories per serving, it is a healthy and tasty shot that you can take either in the morning, mid-day, or afternoon to improve mental clarity and give you healthy energy. It has no artificial flavors, colors, or sweeteners, so it is a great way to help with those negative side effects the first few days of the Isagenix plan.
Is Isagenix Safe
Using Isagenix shakes as a part of a well-balanced diet shouldn’t cause the average person too many Isagenix side effects as long as you don’t have any underlying health conditions. If you are asking yourself, is Isagenix safe for you? Consult a physician if you have any health concerns before starting it.
Remember, if you replace every meal with these shakes, you could be setting yourself up for some negative side effects and possibly some weight gain. Learn to make healthy food choices at home and supplement your diet with Isagenix to create a healthy and well-balanced lifestyle.
- Top 25 Questions About Isagenix and Nutritional Cleansing
- Weight Loss System Guide – 30-Day Cleansing and Fat-Burning System
- Energy System Guide – Featuring Isagenix e+ and Coffee